Friday, July 25, 2014

Desert Soul by The Rend Collective Experiment

The summer before college is a long one - it's like being in limbo, you could say. Somewhere between an old life and a new one, somewhere unknown, without a purpose, almost. During the first few weeks I had enjoyed unwinding from the hectic schedule of senior year, but now it feels as though college is years away. I'm becoming lazy, slothful, my mind is losing its edge.

So I applied for an internship. And I got it. I'm nervous, but I'm happy. I feel renewed, as if there's something for me to look forward to, to expect. Sometimes, with so much time on my hands and the whole day ahead of me, I find myself thinking. Slowing down. Wondering about what I'm supposed to do with life. And I have no answers. It leaves me feeling empty, a desert soul that is thirsty for more.












The shorts I'm wearing today has so much life - it's so striking and intricate and beautiful. Initially, I had wanted to pair it with a bold-colored top, like hot pink, but I wanted the fiery hues of orange, red, and purple, to stand out on its own. A clean palette of white and gold compliments the colors. Why saturate it? I want to celebrate it.

What do you think?
Forever 21 top, Zara shorts, Forever 21 sandals, Coach watch, ring from Hong Kong 

8 comments:

  1. i love this high waisted zara shorts! so sexy! u picked perfect sandals to match the prints!

    BLOGDROBE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! Keep up the good work :)

    Katharina x
    http://katharinaberghofer.blogspot.co.at/2014/07/the-perfect-handbag-part-3-candy-kiss.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is beautiful! Those prints work so well together, and I LOVE that necklace. It looks three dimensional.

    http://theleatherfannypack.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the internship lovely! gorgeous printed shorts too! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete